Monday, July 21, 2008

What happened to the Blog?

So I have been really busy, and have had no time to blog. I usually get home from work around 7 pm. And after having been on a computer all day, the last thing I want to do is blog. Plus I like to hangout with the kids for at least a couple of hours. I must apologize for the lack of pictures. I'm taking a break at work and don't have access to our pictures.

Here is a quick update on our family happenings:

We had a really great 4th of July. We went to Fillmore with my family, and watched the fireworks show up close and personnel. During work hours, I went to a Sparks Basketball game and sat courtside. And when I say courtside I mean if I spread my legs out I would trip the referee. Also for work, we had surf camp. The firm invited us out to Manhattan Beach, where we developed team camaraderie as we learned how to surf.

On July 10th, Stacy, Merrick, and I went to the Dodgers’ game paid for by the firm. The seats were club seats right next to the field. It was an exciting game, but the Dodgers lost in the 11th inning. During the game we were able to take advantage of the all you can eat Dodger Dogs and prime rib. Lydia watched Reagan that night, so we are very thankful for that. The next day I flew up to San Francisco to play in an Australian Football Game. The San Francisco Knights won, and have pretty much secured a spot in the grand final. I then flew back down to LA after the game on Saturday. I then met up with the kids and Stacy at Grandma’s house, where we spent the night. On Sunday, the firm rented out the UCLA women’s softball field to hold the annual O’Melveny softball tournament. The best part about the day was that In-and-Out catered the event. After the game we took Reagan and Merrick around the campus, and showed them where their Dad went to school. We also bought a bunch of UCLA gear for the kids. Merrick got a UCLA football jersey, just in time for the upcoming season.

On July 18, I went to the Getty Villa on PCH with the firm. Afterwards, Stacy and the kids met up with us for dinner. It was fun to show my kids off to my co-workers. The next day we went down to Orange County to visit Uncle Chris and Krista. It was great to see them, since we had not seen them in almost a year. They showed us their new condo, which was really neat. We then went swimming in their pool. After that we got a hotel in Anaheim at the Candy Cane Inn. The hotel was only about a 10 minute walk to Disneyland. Saturday night we went to Downtown Disney. We ate at a really cool restaurant that served tapas. I think we are becoming a big fan of the tapas dining experience, because that is the 3rd time in the past month that we have had tapas. After that, Reagan got some new toys and Merrick got a Mickey Mouse hat at the Disney Store. Reagan then ran around the letters of California Adventure. She liked the “R” the most. I forgot to mention that I bought a new HD video camera, so I’m doing the typical dad thing now. I must say that I’m not as bad as dad though, because I only film for about a minute at a time. The next day we went to Disneyland. The firm was having their Disneyland day, so we got in for free. Reagan seemed to enjoy herself a little bit more than when we went two months ago. She loved the carousel, so much so that she threw a tantrum when the ride was over. I had to grab her quickly and get back in line. She also really liked the Dumbo ride. For lunch the firm got together at the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant that you can see on the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride. I had a really good Monte Cristo sandwich. After that we went to Toontown and did a couple more rides.

So basically that has been July so far. I applaud you for reading this much about our lives. Hopefully I can compliment this great prose with some pictures, but I will not promise anything.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your firm is treating your family nicely. Courtside seats must have been amazing! Too bad is wasn't the Lakers.

When we come down to Cali we will be staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Did you like the hotel? I guess we can't really change the reservations now so hopefully you liked it.

LisaK said...

Thanks for blogging, Chris. No matter how often or not, it's always nice to hear your news. Its my impression that you were thinking of going into teaching or social work at one point. With all these juicy perqs, aren't you glad you didn't?

Castle