Friday, March 27, 2009

Walnut Creek Unplugged

The Adams family is back in Walnut Creek. Last week was a busy week; it was filled with March Madness and a couple of law school papers. On Saturday, we visited an old friend from high school in Berkeley. We had pizza and watched NCAA basketball. She had two cats, which the kids adored. However, I think the cats might be psychologically scarred from our visit--the kids chased them around the whole night. On Sunday, Stacy taught Reagan's nursery class at church, I taught Deacons, and we watched the Apprentice and Amazing Race--one of the participants in Amazing Race works at my law firm, so this is our first year watching it.

We spent the rest of the week hanging around Walnut Creek, and enjoying the nice weather. I started my strict 5k training regimen. I was inspired by my lackluster performance at Catalina, and want to become a better 5k runner. I find it hard to just run for exercise--I already have a sweet body--so I'm trying to become a competitive 5k runner. It has been a hard process changing from sprints to distance running, but hopefully I can stick with my training. In order to help with my running, today, Reagan and I went to the local running store and bought some new shoes. We also went to Starbucks, where Reagan ate a donut and drank chocolate milk.

Below are some pictures of the kids. The first picture is Reagan falling asleep with her flashlight that she uses to look at books at night.






5 comments:

Kelda said...

Such cute pictures!!! Good luck training Chris, wish I was motivated!

Verna Wilder said...

Stacy, I'm sitting next to your dad at his kitchen counter, and we're looking at the wonderful photos of your sweet family. Your son looks a lot like you when you a little bitty thing.

Wish I could see you and meet Chris and the kids. Meanwhile, I will just send big bunches of love.
Aunt Verna

Stephanie said...

If you want to be a true runner, you need to get some of those nylon daisy dukes with the slits on the side.

Marie said...

Yeah, a new post! The pictures are wonderful. We miss you guys.

Chelsea F. said...

That picture of Reagan with the donut cracks me up! Good luck with the running Chris- see if you take down Brother Jordan and Lee Mackay (he was at the Great Race too).

Castle