Sunday, May 24, 2009

Graduation, San Francisco, and the Exodus

We’re back in sunny Southern California. We’ve been extremely busy the past week and we don’t have internet yet, so the blogging was put on hiatus. Here is what we’ve been up to.

After I took my last final, we started getting ready for my family to visit and also for our move down South. On May 15th, Reagan said goodbye to her two close friends—Maya and Emmy. She is going to miss them. On the 16th, Dustin, Chelsea, Lilah, Chloe, my mom, my dad, Cameron, Kelda, and Micah drove up to Walnut Creek. That night we ate at a very fine restaurant called the Kabob House.

The 17th was my graduation. My graduation was held in San Francisco right next to city hall. It was great to finally be done with law school. The ceremony wasn’t too long—about 2 ½ hours. I really liked the robes, because they were my two favorite colors, purple and black. Reagan walked across the stage with me when I received my diploma. Afterwards we had dinner in Walnut Creek at the Back Forty. Thanks everyone for your support during law school and for coming to my graduation.

The next day, Mom, Kelda, Micah, Cameron, Stacy, Reagan, Merrick, and I went on an excursion into the City. We climbed the steep Filbert steps to Coit Tower. We then went to a deli to pick-up sandwiches. After that we had a picnic at the park across the street from the Full House houses. We then went see the Golden Gate Bridge.

On the 20th the packers from the moving company put all of our stuff into boxes, and on the 21st they hauled everything away. I feel very fortunate that my law firm paid for professional movers, because I don’t know when we would have found the time to do the move ourselves.

On the 23rd the movers moved our stuff into Dustin and Chelsea’s old place in Thousand Oaks, and that is we currently reside. We don’t plan on staying here for more than a couple of months, so we’re trying to keep everything that is non-essential packed in boxes. The kids have adjusted really well to the new place, and are just happy to be in their own beds. They also enjoy playing with their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends that are all close by.

Well, that is a quick summary of the last week and a half. It was sad to leave the Bay Area and all of our friends up there, but we’re excited to be back down South where Stacy and I both grew up. I start my barprep classes on Tuesday and then it is study, study until I take the bar in late July, so I don’t know how much blogging will take place. If you want some more pictures on Castle Adams you will have to bug my co-editor in chief, Stacy. The final results of the 24 Ghoul Pool and pictures of Merrick's and my new haircuts coming up soon Here are some pictures from our adventures (thanks Kelda for taking most of the pictures):














4 comments:

Dotgranny said...

I was so happy to hear about your graduation and all the activities you did with the family. Glad they could all be there on you special day. Wish I could have been there. too.
So nice that Reagan could walk with you to receive your diploma. She hung on to that as if it were hers or maybe she knew wat a priceless certificate it was and how hard you worked to earn it.
CONGRATULATIONS
Glad you are all settled in So. calif. Hope to see you soon.
Love, Grandma

Stephanie said...

What a great accomplishment Chris! Congrats from your fav cousin!

LisaK said...

Very special times. Thanks for the great pictures and for the update.

ABBOTTLAND said...

Great job Chris, you're finally a master jedi lawyer! Dude, you and your dad look identical, except you're much younger of course. Come see us soon in Vegas.
~Lucas

Castle