On May 4th, I took my twenty-four hour take home final for Jurisprudence. The professor wrote that the exam should take each student eight hours. I think that is assuming the student is adequately prepared, which I was not. After spending fourteen hours on the exam, I wrote something that was somewhat coherent about Ronald Dworkin’s Laws Empire. I must have not had enough of final exams, because right when I turned in my Jurisprudence exam I picked up my 24 hour Roles and Ethics exam. I took Reagan with me to turn-in my Jurisprudence exam. She really loves reading the BART into the City. At school, Reagan colored in a Cars coloring book—that was given to her by a Hastings’ employee--while I looked over my exam.
We then returned back home to Walnut Creek, where I continued to work on my take home exam. I then went to scouts that night. It was my last night of scouts. I have no idea why they called a Life scout for life to be a scoutmaster. It was good experience, but I’m kind of glad it is over. That night I finished off my exam, and went to school the next day to turn it in.
The next couple of days were kind of a blur. I was studying for my impending federal income tax exam. I would take breaks to go to the park with the kids or go on runs with Merrick in the baby jogger. It is somewhat hard to study during the day, because it hard to say no to the kids when they want to play. Thus, I did a lot of my studying from 10PM to 3AM—I’ve been a zombie. Throughout my law school finals we’ve been trying to get ready for our move on May 21. This mostly means throwing away or giving away things that we’ve accumulated these past three years. We also found out that Reagan is super allergic to dogs. And because Stay’s mom has a dog at her house, we had to find a new place to live. Chelsea and Dustin are graciously allowing us take over their lease for an apartment in Thousand Oaks. They bought a new place in Moorpark, so their old apartment was available. So we will be in Thousand Oaks for the summer, and then hopefully we will be able to buy a place sometime in the fall. I don’t think I can stay in TO, because Thousand Oaks to downtown Los Angeles would be a bad commute. We also found out that Reagan is allergic to dairy products. She is now drinking soy milk—to my consternation, because it is expensive, but her health is worth it. She actually has been feeling a lot better since she switched to her non-dairy diet.
On May 8th, five of our friends from the Aussie football league came over for a delightful spaghetti dinner prepared by Stacy, and to play some trivia. On May 9th, I had my first, and hopefully not my last, Aussie football game of the year. My San Francisco Knights were able to beat the Oakland Pirates, 112 to 76. Sunday was Mother’s Day and church. It was our last day in our ward. We didn’t tell that many people we were leaving—I didn’t want to give that going-away talk. So I think we kind of snuck of there like a thief in the night.
The next two days were spent cramming for federal income tax, and trying to figure out what original issue discount was. On May 13th, I took my last law school exam ever. I then got all of my graduation stuff. We’re looking forward to everyone coming up for graduation. Now, we’re just trying to get the house in order for the move down South. I’m so glad my firm is paying for the move and hiring professional movers; it really makes our job easier. Well, that is about it. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but my brain is trying to heal itself from the punishment it took during finals. Too bad my little brain doesn’t know that bar prep starts next week.
24 Ghoul Pool Update
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for the 24 GHOUL POOL UPDATE. With only two more episodes remaining, I wanted everyone to know where they stand, so they can see how many people need to die for them to win the pool. Here is who has died so far:
Bill Buchanan
Larry Moss
Jonas Hodges
General Juma
Senator Blaine Mayer
Below is everyone’s point total (2 for every correct pick), and also how many outstanding picks they have left (possible two points or a negative point if wrong). If you want to see what those outstanding picks are you will have to check out our old post, http://castleadams.blogspot.com/2009/03/24-ghoul-pool.html
Chris: 6 points w/ 3 outstanding
Stacy: 2 points w/ 3
Kelda: 6 points w/ 3
Annie: 10 points w/ 13
Stephanie: 4 points w/ 2
Lucas: 4 points w/ 2
Mandy: 4 points w/ 3
Marie: 2 points w/ 3
Ben: 6 points w/ 1
Cameron: 6 points w/ 1
Chelsea: 2 points w/ 2
Allen: 6 points w/ 0
Dustin: 6 points w/ 3
Steve: 2 points w/ 3



2 comments:
You guys sound SO busy! I'm so sad to hear about Reagan. On the other hand it's good that you found these things out now. Another positive is that you have a valid excuse when your kids ask to get a dog and promise to take care of it. :)
Chris, good luck with all your studying and test taking.
Happy Mother's Day Stacy!
Post a Comment