Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Week 2009

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week. I celebrated passing the bar last Saturday by going to the UCLA-ASU game. I sat on the 40-yard line, five rows back. I was able to get such great tickets, because no one wanted to see two terrible teams play. UCLA won the game by scoring two defensive touchdowns. On Sunday, we had dinner with the Adams family at the Fenn’s house in Moorpark.

On Monday, Stacy, Link, and I went to the Topanga Mall to go on a shopping spree for work clothes. On Tuesday, Reagan had her preschool-Thanksgiving party. The whole family came out to see her perform her “Gobble Gobble”song.

On Thanksgiving, we had the 10th Annual Adams Family and Friends Turkey Bowl. We had a great six-on-six game. The final score was 13-10. The winning team was Dustin, Phil, Micah, Kyle, Chase, and me. The second place team was Cameron, Derek, Frank, Steve, Jim, and Cory. After the Turkey Bowl, we had the first annual Adams Family and Friends Archery Tournament. We had a great turn-out with six participants. The master archer was Dustin Fenn. For Thanksgiving dinner we went to Stacy’s mom’s house. It was the first time that Lydia had hosted Thanksgiving at her house for a long time. It was great to spend Thanksgiving with Stacy’s sisters, brother, and the rest of her family. And the kids enjoyed the huge Jolly-Jump.

On Friday, we had the 3rd Annual Turkey Trot in Oak Park. Chelsea put on a great Super-Hero Themed Event. Everyone dressed as original super heroes and competed in feats of strength and intelligence. The number one Super Hero was Micah. On Saturday, we played a Settlers of Catan game with the Cogswells, who were visiting from up North. And I watched my UCLA Bruins lose another game to the USC Trojans—maybe next year.

On Sunday we had Link’s blessing in Westlake. It was great to see all of my friendly there to support him. We appreciate Grandma driving up from Culver City. After the blessing we had brunch in Oak Park. We then said goodbye to siblings as they headed out to Utah and Arizona. It was a great Thanksgiving week. I’m excited about starting my legal career in Downtown L.A. this Tuesday. Here are a ton of pictures:




4 comments:

Chelsea F. said...

We had a fun weekend with you guys. thanks for the pictures from today!

Sheri said...

It's been a while since I've checked out your pics, and they just make me happy! Link is too funny with all the barbie dolls - what a crack up! Chris congratulations on the bar, and best wishes for a new start on Tuesday! Stacy is was awesome being with everyone for Thanksgiving! Thank you!! Love you guys! : )

Stacy said...

Good luck with your new job honey! Thanks for all your hard work. And thanks for always blogging, I guess I really need to step it now. We love you!!! XO

LisaK said...

It brings tears to my eyes that I am related to such beautiful people.

Castle