Sunday, April 26, 2009

Last Day of Law School, AT&T Park, ANZAC Cup, and Moving (no pictures)

Tuesday was my last law school class ever. But don’t get too excited because that means that I’m in the midst of finals. I have three take-home exams and two in-class exams, so I will be busy for the next couple of weeks. If you want to have some posts you will have to speak to Stacy, but she will have to pry the computer from me (it is not looking good for the blog).

I wanted to give a quick update about what we’ve been up to and what our plans are for the near future. On Wednesday, I went to the Giants and Padres game at AT&T Park. My friend had free tickets or else you would never catch me watching two pathetic teams go head to head. The game was so sad that neither team could score a run until the Giants did in the 10th inning. Absent the actual game, I had fun talking with friends and eating garlic fries. Tomorrow we’re going to watch a real baseball team play, the Dodgers. We’re taking the kids into the City to watch the Dodgers demolish the Giants. We will have to be gracious winners, because we don’t want to upset the locals—there have been a couple of fights between Giants and Dodgers fans.

The Aussie Football season has officially started. Each year the Golden Gate Australian Football League kicks off the season with a game between the Australians verse the Rest of the World. Because I’m a Yankee, I play for the Rest of the World Team. It was a well fought game, but my team lost. I did have a goal from about fifty-five meters; the referee called it “Halley’s Comet.”

We also wanted to let everyone know what our game plan is. I graduate from law school on May 17 and then we’re moving to Camarillo around May 21. My law firm is paying for the move, so it is nice not to worry about packing things, renting a U-haul, and bugging friends and family to help us move. Stacy’s mom is graciously allowing us to take over her house—with two kids that is what we’re going to do, take over. I’m then going to take my bar prep class in Ventura. It will be nice for Stacy to have family close by when I neglect her for the next couple of months. I will then take the bar in late July. And I will start work in Downtown Los Angeles in December. Hopefully we will be able to buy a house around the Los Angeles area during that time span.

3 comments:

Chelsea F. said...

Thanks for the update! That's awesome classes are over, but I guess the real celebrations don't come until the bar is over. We are looking forward to having you guys back in southern california!

Kelda said...

Congrats on almost being done!!! Very exciting! Nice to get an update cause I've been wondering what dates things were happening...maybe I should do an update. =) We are planning on coming up for the graduation!

Dotgranny said...

Thanks for the update. Good luck on your finals.
I'll be watching the game. The Dodgers have been doing great.Maybe I'll see you on TV. I doubt they would scan some Dodger fans at a giant stadium. Have fun

Castle