Friday, August 14, 2009

Two Days without a Mommy

Stacy and the girls of my family took well deserved vacation. They rented a house on the beach in Ventura for Thursday and Friday. This would be the first time that the kids spent a night away from mom, and the first time that I would watch them for an extended period of time. Here is how the two days went:

Stacy left at noon, so I got off easy for day one. After Merrick took his nap, I took the kids over to the Oak Park house. We then played in the pool for a couple of hours. We then went home, and I prepared an exquisite meal comprised of T.V. dinners.

For Day two, we went bowling in the morning with Dustin and his two girls. Bowling held the kids' attention for a game and a half. After bowling, Dustin and I went to an archery store and bought recurve bows--we want to be like Legolas. Our plan is make a little archery range at my parents' new house. After that we met my dad at the Hat in Simi Valley. After that Merrick took a nap, and when he woke-up we went swimming at our community pool. For dinner we hit-up the Taco Bell drive through. Right now, Reagan keeps sneaking down from her room and refuses to go to sleep. I'm a softy, and I caved in, so as I'm typing she's eating cookies and watching the Dodgers' game with me--don't tell Stacy.

Overall, the two days went better than I thought. I kept the kids alive, and realized how hard it is look after little ones. I don't know how we're going to do it with three. We're all looking forward to seeing Mom tomorrow. Here are some pictures from our two days:




3 comments:

Dotgranny said...

Great job, Christopher. So happy that Stacy could enjoy a couple days without children.

Stacy said...

Looks like the kids has a lot of fun! Thank you so much honey for hanging out with the kids while I had a very relaxing few days! You did an amazing job! I am glad to be home, I missed you all! I love you so much!

Steve and Sara said...

Chris- "well" fed, well rested and alive sounds like mission accomplished!

Stacy- we hope you had a great time at the beach. You definitely deserve some r&r!!

Castle